Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Pre-Baby Bucket List

I'm a firm believer that if you write down your goals, you have a better chance of making them happen. A to-do list or a bucket list if you wish. When I was single and not really looking for a relationship a coworker told me to write down all the qualities I was looking for in a boyfriend / husband, I would find that person. She said often women don't really know what they're looking for in a partner until they actually make a list and realize the qualities that are most important to them. If you meet someone and they don't match a majority of your list they may not be the right person, why waste your time? This spoke to me because I had found so many Mr. Wrongs. I was more than ready for Mr. Right. That afternoon I proceeded to make a list and kept it in my mind for a while. Soon after I started college I knew in my heart I was going to meet my husband. About half way into my first quarter I met Eric and low and behold, someone who met all the qualifications on my list!

It's with this experience that I believe it's time to make a new list. This September it will be two years that Eric and I have tried to start a family. While I still have my difficult days, I believe we are on this journey for a reason. That's why I've decided to make a list of things I would like to accomplish / complete before God blesses us with a little one.
My Official Pre-Baby Bucket List:
Start a family
Finish my Couch to 5K app (3 more days to go!)
Run my first 5K (scheduled for August!)
Start a Yoga class (already have a place picked, just need to go!)
Complete the bedroom renovations in our house
Organize my office / craft area

Organize the house and get rid of more clutter

Go canoeing or kayaking

Go hiking at Starved Rock

Start my side business, officially, website and all!

Go to Boston, MA (not too realistic, but hey, you never know!)

Pay off some more debt

For now these will be my goals, once completed I will start a new list! As you can see I have my work cut out for me, wish me luck! :0)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!! I have faith in you!

    Bill wrote a list down on his phone of qualities he wanted in his next girl, and then he met me!! I met every qualifications except one...which thankfully wasn't a deal breaker: Must love beer (I HATE BEER! And, I'm allergic to alcohol so I'll never like it!!) Good thing he loves me anyway.

    Our pre-baby bucket list was short & sweet.
    -Get married (check!)
    -Buy a house (check!)
    -Go on lots of trips (triple check!)

    Let's get this party started!!!

    ReplyDelete