Friday, May 18, 2012

I'll Just Shake My Magic 8 Ball... It's Cheaper!

And... the latest, Eric went to the doctor on Tuesday and he was told everything looks good! The doctor said, if I don't see anything wrong then I can't fix anything. Told Eric that he should watch his diet and continue taking his multivitamins everyday and "it will happen." You have to love that statement, after almost 2 years of trying, you just want it to happen already. As if I wasn't confused enough about what direction we should go in, we might not have a choice. Conditions have to be right for us to do an IUI and with the way things are currently, we can't do one. I'm definitely not looking to do IVF so if that's the direction our fertility doctor advises us to go in, I'll be walking the other way. I think I'll just shake my magic 8 ball and ask it what we should do... it's cheaper than all the doctors we've been seeing!

I'm the type of person that needs to focus on a goal and I can't stop obsessing over it until it's been completed. I'm lucky to say that many of my goals have been met. Unfortunately starting a family has thrown me quite a few road blocks, but I'm determined to bust my way through them! In the mean time I've been focusing on getting into shape and improving my diet. Eric has joined me and we're hopeful that this will only improve our situation. As of right now I think we're determined to continue trying naturally, there's nothing saying we can't conceive on our own.

I have to say it wasn't until I became open with all of this, that I realized exactly how many people are thinking about us. I was debating purchasing the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor because I've been having trouble using the ovulation strips since I did Clomid. I want to be able to accurately track what my cycle is doing. I mentioned to my sister-in-law Andrea that I was thinking about buying one of these. They're costly, we're talking $200-$300!! Andrea mentioned that her friend just got one but ended up not using it and she's been wanting to see if I was interested in borrowing it... ummm.. YES PLEASE! I was so excited, I claimed it as my tiny miracle of the day. I'm hoping I have better results with this monitor and hopefully we'll be successful soon! The phrase that kept running through my head this week was, sometimes when it feels like everything is falling apart, it's really falling together. I know one day I'll look back on these blogs or ponder our journey and it will all make sense. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment